2018 Bilingual Education Fair of DC – Why, how and where to raise multilingual children in the DC region.
Washington, DC – DC Language Immersion Project will host the second edition of this free event on Saturday, January 20, 2018 from 1 to 5pm.
The demand for bilingual education and the need for bilingual employees is skyrocketing nationwide, and DC is not sitting idle.
Presented by Rosetta Stone Education, and supported by Rochambeau: The French International School of DC and Qatar Foundation International. Co-sponsored by the Mayor’s Office on Latino Affairs, Mayor’s Office on African Affairs, Mayor’s Office on Asian Pacific Islander Affairs, DC Office of the State Superintendent on Education, DC Public Schools, DC Public Charter School Board, and DC State Board of Education.
Please join 50 exhibitors, fellow parents, educators, and community leaders to learn why, how and where to raise multilingual kids in the DC area. The fair is open to communities of every ethnic and linguistic background from DC and the region. A panel discussion featuring teachers, parents and students will be simultaneously interpreted in Spanish. Children will be entertained with free multicultural activities kindly offered by Mullylingua, and all participants will receive a free CD by Latin Grammy Award winner 123 con Andrés.
A professional development program for educators interested in bilingual education will be held in the morning of the fair.
For more information about the Bilingual Education Fair of DC, visit: bilingualfair.dcimmersion.org. For information in Spanish, visit: bilingualfair.dcimmersion.org/kit-de-medios-de-comunicacion/ For information in French, visit: bilingualfair.dcimmersion.org/partners/dossier-de-presse/ For information in Amharic, visit: bilingualfair.dcimmersion.org/የሚዲያ-ኪት/ For information in Mandarin, visit: bilingualfair.dcimmersion.org/媒体资料包/ For information about DC Language Immersion Project, visit: dcimmersion.org To register, visit: bilingualfair.dcimmersion.org/register/.
WHAT: 2018 Bilingual Education Fair of DC: A family-friendly fair for parents, educators and community members interested in fostering multilingualism in the DC region.
- Mayor’s Office on Latino Affairs
- Mayor’s Office on African Affairs
- Mayor’s Office on Asian Pacific Islander Affairs
- DC Office of the State Superintendent on Education
- DC Public Schools
- DC Public Charter School Board
- DC State Board of Education
- Rosetta Stone Education
- Rochambeau: The French International School of DC
- Qatar Foundation International
- Former US Secretary of Education John King (virtually)
- Yuqi Wang, PK3 Chinese Lead Teacher, Washington Yu Ying PCS
- Yessica Palomino, Parent, Bruce Monroe at Park View DCPS
- Isabella Ramos-Bracho, 9th grader, DC International School PCS
- 50 exhibitors including bilingual education schools of the DC region, language schools, cultural institutes, book sellers, etc Full list of exhibitors here https://bilingualfair.dcimmersion.org/partners/exhibitors/
WHEN: Saturday, January 20th, 2018 1-5pm
WHERE: Thurgood Marshall Center, 1816 12th street NW, Washington DC 20009 (U Street Metro)
Further information and RSVP at http://www.bilingualfair.dcimmersion.org